MASTER DISTILLER WILD TURKEY THANKSGIVING RECIPES
PROVIDED BY EXECUTIVE CHEF GRAHAM WEBBER
BISON MEAT LOLLIPOPS
- 12 skewers
- 1lb ground bison
- 1tsp Heinz 57
- 8 oz. Wild Turkey demi-glace
- Yields 12 Lollipops
Mix bison meat and Heinz 57. Roll into (12) meatballs. Roast in oven at 300ºF for 15min. Toss in demi-glace and insert skewers.
Wild Turkey demi-glace
Equal parts Wild Turkey and beef broth reduced by half or until a syrup consistency.
AMERICAN HONEY GLAZED PORK BELLY
On honey corn cake
- Yields 12 servings
- 12, 1oz portions of braised pork belly
- 4oz of Wild Turkey American Honey
Pan fry pork belly or thick cut bacon until crispy. Remove pan from flame and carefully (may ignite flame) add American Honey Whiskey. Stir until flame goes out and pork belly is glazed. Top over warm honey cake and serve. Stay tuned for the delicious Honey Corn Cake recipe.
Pork Belly Recipe
- 1 Pork Belly
- 1 large white onion diced
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrot
- 2qt ham stock or ham base
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
Preheat oven to 350 ºF. In a pan, sear entire pork belly, sweet onion, carrot and celery. Add tomato pasta, cook until a rust color. Deglaze with stock. In a roasting pan cover pork belly ¾ of the way with stock mixture. Cover tightly place in over and braise for 2.5 ours. Remove one cup of braising liquid after.
Honey Corn Cake Recipe
• 1 box of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
• 1 egg
• 1/3 cup of bourbon
• Honey Glaze (1 cup of honey, 1/4 cup of bourbon and 1 cup of pork bell braising liquid)
Preheat oven at 400ºF Simmer and reduce pork belly braising liquid by ¼ parts. Combine ingredients with Jiffy Corn Muffin mix and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
WILD TURKEY BRAISED BRISKET
In fingerling potatoes with smoked Gouda and crispy onions
- 1lb Wild Turkey braised beef brisket, shredded
- 6 fingerling potatoes, roasted and cooled
- 3 smoked Gouda slices, cut in 4 squares
- 6oz crispy fried onions
- Yields 12 stuffed potato skins
Cut the tip of each potato to create a flat base, than cut in half. Use a melon baller to create a cavity, stuff with brisket and top with smoked Gouda. Bake for 15 minutes at 300 ºF. Then top with onions and serve.